Thursday, September 22, 2011

Your Casa is Mi Casa? At least for the weekend.

All photos are exclusively vacation home/villa rentals by owners
Ever go on vacation and wish you could take that cozy feeling of being at home with you? Ever sit around your house and wonder what it would be like to live somewhere else, perhaps a fancier setting? Ever wanted to know what it would be like to own a villa looking over the Italian country side? Yep, me too. Don't get me wrong, when I want to be spoiled and have a girls weekend where every room I walk in I feel like a pampered princess, you bet your bottom I'm going to stay at one of my favorite hotels. But when I'm on a long vacation with my family, I want it to feel like home, plus when you have a six year old it's nice to have a room for just him and a room for just me (sorry hotels, privacy partitions don't do the trick after the forth day on a vacation). 


I recently went to the magical land of Montana to spend Labor Day with my main squeeze and our families (which you should know since I wrote about it two weeks ago). There were so many of us staying there that staying at a hotel wasn't exactly ideal, so I went to work and started doing my research, and found a cute property for rent as a vacation house in Bozeman. The interesting thing about it was that it was for rent by owner. It was great! The townhouse was adorable and cozy, and it had three bedrooms fully furnished. But what was startling was how affordable it was, where staying in a decent hotel would have cost us well over $150 for each room for each night, this entire house was $150. It really seemed too good to be true; affordable pricing, real privacy, and no worries about making sure you're not streaking through the room when the maid service pops in... awesome. Granted there's some downsides, there's no regulations that have to be met when dealing with certain websites, there's no maid service to pick up while you're running around for the day, and there is no room service. 

It's amazing what you can find when you want to find something perfect for you, you have the pick of the litter from almost anywhere in the world. You can find a cabin nestled away in the mountains in Montana, you can get a villa over looking the ocean in Puerto Vallarta, or (as I said before) a rustic Italian villa over looking the Italian countryside. The options are pretty limitless and it makes travel interesting and possible for any imagination and any wallet. 

Tomorrow I'll be talking about a way for you to find out how to take advantage of the by owner rental opportunities, and what are all the really cool benefits of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment