Monday, January 9, 2012

Bucket List O'travel!



Hello my gnomes! I hope everyone had a fabulous New Year celebration and welcomed 2012 with happy open arms. This is my first blog of the year! Everyone throw some confetti and dance the jig. Alright now that's enough. I have been stewing over what to write in my blog  all week. Should I write about my goals as the newest most amazing travel blogger of all time? No. Should I speak my mind about the hardships mankind faces? No. Should I write about the Mayan's calendar stating that this is the end of time and we are all doomed?! No.

No!

Let's look to a happier subject.... These are the places I want to travel to before I die. I understand that the subject of death isn't sunshine and flowers but we're all going to come to a demise, so let's try and see as much of the world and explore our dream locations before we meet our makers. Let's face it, there are certain things and places you can visit at a certain age. Like I want to go snorkeling in Fiji, not something to do when I'm eighty. I'm not saying no one CAN go snorkeling at eighty in Fiji, but I think it's an act of kindness after seeing how.... fluffy my grandmothers were at that age to just go ahead and do it now. Remember folks, spandex is a privilege, not a right.

The list one makes about where they want to go can be a looking glass into their soul. I always dreamed of being a princess living in a beautiful castle when I was a child. So it would seem logical that on my list is... Well every castle ever in the world, and Red Square. I also dreamed of being a mermaid, hence my desire to go to all the most luxurious beaches in the world.

It's more important to have a desire to travel than it is to have a set list of places you want to trek to. We have this life, just the one, to see what out there in the world makes your heart soar, and brings sense of accomplishment to your life. I often find myself wondering what would have happened if my parents had put me in ballet, it's odd but I really reflect on that often. It's a vanished dream because I can't go back to being five and try it, the chance to be a ballerina has long passed me (I still think I can wear a tutu).

I don't want to be old and look back in... some years and wonder why didn't I take the chance to go see Red Square when I had the chance. I'm not going to let my ballerina let down also be my travel let down. Yeah I realize I was suppose to make a list but I got a little side tracked. Next time my gnomes you will have a list you can dream over.


No comments:

Post a Comment