Thursday, January 19, 2012

The list is life.

Ok I know it's wrong to use Schindler's List as a title to a blog, but it's gonna be a good, blog! You'll see.

I wanted to start my bucket list off with a bang. Something that when people read this, their jaws would drop and nod silently, awestruck by the flooring discovery I had brought to them, something they too must visit before their end of days. It's a tall order if you think about it, I mean just writing about random thoughts is hard enough but this, this is some heavy hoo-ha. So the only place I can picture living up to such a grand challenge would have to be an oasis of awesome.

I found Emirates Palace Hotel when looking though some of my favorite sites for fascinating locations. It is so astounding that I am contemplating breaking off my love affair with the Augustine to devote all my love and attention to this magnificent desert rose. It's this completely self sustaining morsel of perfection. Allow me to explain.

It took three billion dollars to build this and that's not with a "mmm" it's with a "bah", billions! When you go to most resorts in the world, it's wonderful because you're at the beach, all your needs are met, you can just kick back and relax. Take that philosophy and multiply it by a bajillion and you have the Palace. Unlike most resorts with let's say ten (I'm being generous) places to chose from for your dinner, this place has one hundred and twenty-eight! Where most places when you lay out the staff is happy to get you a refreshing beverage from the bar, this place has a staff who will bring you a cool towel for your face and rotate your umbrella for you to protect you from the sun's devious rays. And it's gorgeous, really, I am happy just to stare at the pictures all day, heck I'm writing this blog so I have another reason to stare at it some more. I'm having a virtual vicarious relationship with this place, yes my very own VVR!

This place is like being taken to another world, a whole new world if you would. I understand that most don't consider Abu Dhabi when they first think of luxury resorts, but I assure you, it's leading in the way of luxury. But it's not just luxury, it's becoming a real hub for every sort of tourism you can think of. From some of the most fascinating ancient archaeological site dating back thousands of years to the world's largest indoor theme park Ferrari World. There isn't a narrow minded view when it comes to travel, if you can imagine it, they probably have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment