Thursday, August 18, 2011

More like wide bottom'd traveler.

I have a confession, I'm not happy with how wide my stomach is. I am one of those sad american's who didn't get the right talking to, when it came to portion control. With me studying all about the world's most scrumptious food and wine's, it's hard to think about dialing down the "I can eat this amazing meal and consider it research". I will one day be traveling with groups on beer tours of Prague and if I'm wheezing and panting after a mile because I am so out of shape then I doubt my clients will want to book with me again.... Unless I find a place for us to stop and give them life changing beer each time. Plus what about if I take a group to some exotic sexy island. No one is going to want an Experience Director to lay out next to them if I look like their great aunt who thinks spandex is a privileged.
No, they want the super model to come lay next to them and tell them about the tantalizing cuisine the cabana boy is about to bring them, and sip some fruity drink with an umbrella! They want this chick! Who wouldn't want to have drinks with her and learn about Caribbean cuisine. I don't even know who she is and I would book any trip she tossed my way.

I want to be the best Travel consultant I can, At first I thought that meant just knowing a lot and being able to explain the world's treasures to those who are so happy to listen. But as I keep learning, I realize (like I have about a lot when it comes to my new job) my assumptions are wrong. I can't just know, I have to show. I have to be able to walk for days teaching and opening the eyes of my clients to worlds and cultures they never knew about. Which means I can't be out of shape any longer, I have to whip my wide bottom into shape and be ready to walk all over the world. Because the day is coming when I get to take a group to Prague, and show them the Augustine that I dream about. And when I do, I will be ready to walk all over the city not worrying if I'm sweaty and winded... Plus I'll look good doing it. Perhaps I will move it, I'll go from being the Wide Eyed Traveler, to the Chic Styled Hot Traveler.

1 comment: