Thursday, August 25, 2011

By interesting you mean generic?

In my search to find inspiration for today's blog, I did a search of fascinating places. The search engines all pulled up the same old same old. I agree that yes, Rome, Paris, and New York are all wonderful places that everyone should visit, but interesting thinking outside the box travel locations... No not really. It's like going somewhere and looking for the best kept secret of burgers in the big apple and being referred to Corner Bistro. It's a magnificent restaurant with some of the most mouth watering burgers ever created, but cutting edge? the newest thing?.... No.

 I want to challenge my clients I want to show them a whole new world of excitement they didn't realize existed, not send them somewhere they saw in a romantic comedy. Instead of doing the usual trek around Rome, why not go to Puglia? Puglia is this gorgeous part of Italy filled with olive trees, houses called Trulli's you'll never see anywhere else, and cliffs that are strikingly breathe taking. But I worry that rather than experience something so exotic, people would fixate on the fact that Rome is their comfort zone and never step outside the box. Cruises are the same way. The huge ocean liners that only troll a certain set of ports is far more popular than the Orion that takes you on an adventure around South Pacific.

There is so much to see in the world, I'm going to set a challenge. For your next vacation, step away from what you usually do and seek out an adventure. Don't go do something dumb and dangerous, but try something new, go somewhere you have never been before. If you need an idea, I know some pretty excellent people who can help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment