Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The devils are coming!

Ahhh, runaway! I mean no, that's wrong... I mean YAY come on our awesome cruise! I'm funny I know.
My boss, the glorious Harold (cha-ching), gave me an assignment to write up a tour presentation for our website (awe big britches here I come). It was about Tasmania, and like all of us young at heart, I started picturing Kangaroo boxing and running from Tasmanian devils screaming in fear.  But, as I'm learning, I'm learning! I didn't know Tasmania had all these wonderful produce, some of the best wines, and the BEST oysters around.

This whole learning business doesn't bode well for me, you see I already know everything. Like all my cliche Americans I know I am always right and know better than everyone else. Sorry if you disagree with that statement, but allow me to clarify it for you, you're wrong I'm right.

Well perhaps that's not how it is, but I'm only learning that because my boss is helping me learn all this brilliant information. I don't know how I feel about being so informed, how I feel about my eyes being open to all these new worlds. I hate to think I like being the fresh slate, the clean palate ready to taste what the fine gastronomes have laid out for me all over this world.... Damn me for loving to learn, I guess I don't know everything after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment