Friday, July 15, 2011

Local Leisure? Really?

What does one do when they live in Dallas and all they want is it to lay by some gorgeous water and drink some fruity umbrella drinks? Where do you find the sultry escape like in the photo below (look now).

I know I said in my first blog that I now dream of the Red Square, but it doesn't mean that I don't still drool over a white sandy escape where I can float around all day and just relax. Yes my eyes have been opened to the fascinating world of travel where a diving board and a cabana boy aren't always present, but it's hot in Texas and I need my splashy escape pronto! Well rather than just flail around in my office chair pouting adorably about how I'm so hot and I want a resort-ish get away I hit the computer and did what I would do for any of my clients... RESEARCH!

Listed below you will find some of the most tantalizing poolside get-aways in the Dallas area: 
Hotel Zaza Dallas
First we have the luxurious Hotel Zaza. The fancy boutique hotel is known for it's social poolside interaction. All the sexiest and hard bodies of Dallas can be found in this quaint 4ft deep pool. It may not be ideal for those looking to swim some laps, but it's got great scenery and I'm not just talking about the palm trees surrounding the pool. 

Palomar Pool
Next on the list is Hotel Palomar, a Kimpton hotel. When the words Kimpton are attached to a hotel I am sold, it's horribly bias I know and I apologize for my great faux pax, but it is true, Kimpton does it right! They are luxurious and classy, they know how to bring together a fresh feel on hotels while making them feel cutting edge yet still lavish and refined. I am saving all my pennies and dimes so I can afford to stay at one when I finally wrangle my boyfriend into settling down. But to be honest I would have never suggested this hotel had it not been listed on the top hotel swimming pools for 2010. It's earned it's right to be on my blog! 

Now I could continue to list pools like the ones above all being small and intimate great for laying out and drinking while getting that bronze glow. But these are not what I considered the best pools to swim in. Are they divine and have amazing views? Yes, but they don't have the feel of a pool you can play chicken in with your friends (yes I can appreciate a 5 star restaurant and good game of chicken, I'm versatile). With that said I offer you the last two pools with the Wide Eyed stamp of approval. 

Award Winning Four Seasons Dallas
First up, the award winning (I don't know what award exactly but it says that on all thier headers) Four Season Hotel in Las Colinas. It's a beautiful resorts with pools made in the mindset that it's intended for family. And family fun means big splashes and lots of swimming. I love the fact that it's HUGE it's a massive pool area and you can always find a cozy spot just for you and your's, and if you get there early enough you can have the whole pool to yourself. 

Hilton Bella Harbor
Finally we move onto the last but not least in the slightest, the Hilton Bella Harbor. Right in my back yard is the wonderful lake front Hilton resort... ish.  I only say "ish" because there is no spa there, and sorry Bella Harbor I love you bunches but you don't get the resort stamp until I can get my mani/pedi's in a zero gravity chair at your location, it's just not right! But the pool is AWESOME! It's a massive fun pool with a walk up to the circular indoor bar, or you can just go get a fantastic umbrella drinks from the cabana, which you don't have to even walk up to, because the cabana boys will come to you as you float in the water. It's a great addition to the Rockwall community, and it's a great get-away for those who can't afford to fly away from the metroplex.

So there you have it, my little underpants gnomes. Four great watery get-aways just next door. Enjoy your weekend, I will see you all Monday a little tanner than today!

No comments:

Post a Comment